Licensure in Alaska

Legislation creating the Regulation of Dietitians and Nutritionists was passed by the state legislature and approved by the governor. The Division of Corporation and Professional Licensing staffs the program.


Regulated Professions

  • Dietitians

  • Nutritionists


Applications and Forms

Please note: Processing time for applications is three to four weeks.


Initial License Applications


Renewal of Current License

   All licenses issued for Dietitians and Nutritionists by the division expire on December 31st of odd-numbered years regardless of when issued, except new licenses issued within 90 days of the expiration date will be issued to the next biennium.


    For licenses expiring December 31, 2017, online renewal is available until September 15, 2019. 


Miscellaneous Forms


Statutes and Regulations


Alaska Statutes are passed by the legislature. Regulations (also called the Alaska Administrative Code) are rules adopted by the department to implement, interpret, and make specific the statutes. Both statutes and regulations have the force of law.

AS 08.38 specifically applies to Dietitians and Nutritionists. AS 08.01-08.03 and regulations 12 AAC 02 apply to all professions regulated by the division.

Proposed regulations are advertised in Alaska newspapers and we invite public comment on them. If you would like to receive notice of proposed regulations, please write to the regulations specialist and request that your name be added to the Dietitians and Nutritionists interested parties list. Please advise us if you move or wish your name removed from the mailing list.



National Organizations


National organizations may provide information on the regulation of the dietitians and nutritionists in other states.





The Division investigates matters pertaining to business licenses, the sale of tobacco products, and licensed professionals. Please be aware that not all issues will fall within our jurisdiction and you may have to contact other agencies for assistance. We encourage you to call our office prior to submitting a complaint to ensure that we are able to assist you. Check our Complaint FAQ for advice and answers to many questions about filing a complaint.



If you would like to file a complaint against a licensed or unlicensed professional, please check the list of regulated professions to ensure the complaint falls within our jurisdiction.


To see if someone is professionally licensed or if an existing licensee has disciplinary action, you can use the professional license search. Disciplinary actions will be notated in the license detail.


To initiate a complaint against a business or professional, and to see if your complaint falls within our jurisdiction, fill out a request for contact form and submit it to our Anchorage office.


State of Alaska/DCCED
Division of Corporations, Business
and Professional Licensing
Investigations Section
550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1500
Anchorage, AK 99501-3567
Phone: (907) 269-8437
Fax: (907) 269-8195



Frequently Asked Questions


What are the requirements to qualify for a Dietitian or Nutritionist license?

Condensed application instructions with the requirements for a license are in the front of each application packet. For additional information, including education and experience requirements, you may review the statutes and regulations online.


How do I change my address?

We will accept a fax, e-mail, or written notice that comes directly from the licensee or applicant. We cannot accept a telephone call for a change of address. Division mailing address: P.O. Box 110806, Juneau, AK 99811-0806; Fax: (907) 465-2974 or e-mail If you would like to receive a license you must submit a Change of Address form and the required fee payable to the State of Alaska.


How do I change my name?

To change your name, mail an original Certified True Copy of the legal document that reflects the name change OR download the Change of Name form from our web site (a copy of the legal document must accompany the change). The required fee is payable to the State of Alaska and must accompany the name change request. Division mailing address: P.O. Box 110806, Juneau, AK 99811-0806.


How do I get a “Certified True Copy”?

To obtain a Certified True Copy, take the original document and a photocopy to a notary public so he/she may compare the original to the photocopy of the document. Either the applicant or the notary must write, “I certify this to be a true copy of the original document” on the photocopy and attest to that fact by signing the document and having it notarized.


How do I verify my license to another agency?

Mail a written request, or download the Request for License Verification form, to the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing, Dietitian and Nutritionists Section, P.O. Box 110806, Juneau, AK 99811-0806 along with a $20.00 money order or check made payable to the State of Alaska. Allow three weeks processing time from the date we receive your request.


How do I find a form?

Visit the Dietitians & Nutritionists Applications and Forms page.


Can I submit scanned or faxed copies to complete my application?

No. Scanned or faxed documents are not acceptable.


Is my license record public information?

Yes, licensing records are public documents and available to members of the public upon written request and payment of copying fees. Information considered confidential and not releasable to the general public include social security numbers and other information considered confidential by state or federal law. Your address of record is public information and is displayed on the division’s internet licensing search program. Licensees have expressed concern that their address is so readily available. Some licensees have elected to have a post office box or practice location for their official address of record to avoid having their residential address easily accessible. Please be advised that all notices from the division (renewal notices, licenses, and other legal documents) will be mailed to the address of record provided.


When does my license lapse?

All licenses issued for Dietitians and Nutritionists by the division expire on December 31st of odd-numbered years regardless of when issued, except new licenses issued within 90 days of the expiration date will be issued to the next biennium.


Do I have to pay the FULL renewal fee since I was just issued a permanent license within the past year?

No. Licensees who received a permanent license within one year of the current expiration date do have to renew but will pay only one-half of the renewal fee.


When will I receive my renewal notice?

Renewal notices are mailed at least 30 days before the expiration date to the address we have on file for you. If you have a change of address, don’t wait until the last minute to give us that information, otherwise, your renewal notice may be delayed in getting to you. Failure to receive a renewal notice does not relieve a licensee from the responsibility of renewing a license on time.


How long does it take to process my application?

Plan 3 to 4 weeks for the license application process. You can avoid delays by making sure you follow the instructions and complete the application correctly. You must submit the correct fees and supporting documentation in the proper format. Source documents must come directly from the providers.


Do you have another question?

Please send your questions to



Contact Information

Licensing Examiner: Debi Roesch
Phone: (907) 465-3142
Fax: (907) 465-2974
Email: DietitiansAndNutritionists@Alaska.Gov
P.O. Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806